Pilote X-Wing The Mandalorian

Modérateur : Modérateur Squadron

jedichrist
Membre RLFB
Membre RLFB
kuchnia na wymiar wrocław

Pilote X-Wing The Mandalorian

Message par jedichrist »

voici un nouveau sujet et travail sur les Pilotes X-wing de la série The Mandalorian

The Mandalorian S2 Ref Hunt (Trapper Wolf & Carson Teva)

le lien direct : http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/ ... p?t=116019

Detaleader a écrit :Hey there folks!

I think I finally settled on my very first Star Wars costume. I've decided to go for The Mandalorian's Trapper Wolf in his Season 2 attire.

Sadly, so far not much research seems to have been done around the appearances of Carson Teva and Trapper Wolf. I think they're rather interesting, as the costumes appear to be mixed together out of OT style and Rogue One style costumes.

As such, I'd love if you guys could help me out a bit on the hunt for items - some Greeblies in particular!

I've taken plenty of screenshots to try and back these up as best as possible. However, I'm not super experienced when it comes to pilots - any input helps!

Let's start of by first saying: We don't have a whole lot of references on these two, as they only appear in a few scenes. We will have to speculate a bit when it comes to Trapper Wolf in particular. As such, I would like to imagine that we can simply fill any gaps we have on Trapper Wolf references with Teva's outfit. It's pretty fair to assume that these both are on the same production and thus the parts used on the costumes *should* match.

First, let's get some refernce in here and the obvious things out of the way. My references are from a 4K Source for the most part, but for some reason the Screenshot tool I'm using does not like the HDR application on 4K. As such, many of the images will have washed out colors to them and not look *quite right* when it comes to color grading. I opted for the 4K Source however, as it will simply aid in finding details up close.

Flightsuit:
The flightsuit itself appears to be an Original Trilogy style suit. It very clearly lacks the sheen and "puffy" look found on the Rogue One/Mando Season 1 suits.

The Compad appears to be in Rogue One style as well, simply due to the sharp detail on the pad itself.

There are three Code Cylinders inserted for both Pilots. However, upon closer inspection I found that both Pilots have 3 separate Code Cylinders, none of which appear to match the OT Cylinders.

From my research, these also don't appear to match the Rogue One cylinders. What are these? Are these props we already know about? This is where I'm really stuck and have no idea how to get my hands on these - other than fabricating my own 3D files and printing. This is a step that I would like to avoid if possible however.

Gloves:
Like seen in Reference Image 1, these are clearly Rogue One gloves with the "mini" Compad on top of the glove, as well as on the flightsuit itself.

Flak Vest:
I believe this to be an OT Flak Vest. Interestingly, Carson wears his "the correct way", whereas Trapper wears his one backwards/ESB style.

Chest Box:
Please don't crucify me over this, but I'm yet to figure out the actual difference between Rogue One and OT Chestbox. What I did notice however is, that the O-shaped detail on the top of the box is actually a raised piece, rather than just a sticker. The weathering on both Carson and Trapper is slightly different, which leads me to believe that at least two Chest boxes were used during production.

The Hose coming out of the chestbox appears to be held on with a magnet, rather than a hole in the suit.

At this point, our refernces for Trapper Wolf kind of just end. We have to assume he wears the same style as Carson from here on out.

Harness:
Looks OT to me. It doesn't seem to have the harsh texture found on the Rogue One harnesses?

Belt:
I'm honestly clueless if these are Rogue One or OT styled. Help :D

Belt Flares:
These look somewhat different from the Rogue One Greeblies, albeit similar. If I had to guess they look "fuller" in the middle? Any input would be great here - maybe somebody recognizes these.

Leg Flare:
Too small to tell realistically at this point. I'd likely just settle for OT Flares and Flare Pins. I haven't really looked into the Rogue One counterparts, though that might change in the future?

Boots:
The workhorse of Star Wars costuming. I'll likely settle for Crowprops personally.

And that's all my thoughts on these so far. If you disagree, please let me know! I'd love to put together an as accurate costume as possible - based on the limited info we have at the moment.

Here's also a link with the imgur Album I uploaded. You'll find the references there:
https://imgur.com/a/FLlSyht

Thanks for reading and happy Greeblie hunt! :D
Squadron Commander of Corellian Griffons depuis 2013
Legion Costume Judge "pilote" 02/2018 -12/2023
Executive Officer RLFB 2011-2014
Merchandising Officer RLFB 2010-2011
First Temple Master 2012 2013 Six Towers Jedi Temple

jedichrist
Membre RLFB
Membre RLFB

Re: Pilote X-Wing The Mandalorian

Message par jedichrist »

JediXXL a écrit :Image
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice the Snow Speeder Styled Comm Pad on their left glove :mrgreen:
Blue Banshee Leader a écrit :Thanks for putting this together!

I'm not sure what the series keeps flip-flopping between RO and OT X-wing pilot suits but the latest representation of the suits does appear to be a mix of RO and OT parts, along with some new bits. The belt in specific looks to be of a new construction, it doesn't look like it's OT or RO, it's different altogether.

And interestingly, it looks like the ejection harness might be white, or a very, very pale gray. It's much lighter than the gray belt. It almost matches the color of the flak vest.

jedichrist
Membre RLFB
Membre RLFB

Message par jedichrist »

Detour a écrit :Following. I am working on a Trapper specific build as well. I will post what I find/model.

If the leg flares are RO/TFA then these Thingiverse files could work:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1291628

The belt flares look very similar to those used by Tico Rose, and they are listed on Cassian's belt as "compressed eleton blaster gas ampules"

Thingiverse file:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4269363

Gloves:

Confirmed, Teva is wearing R1 gloves (rib stitching, smooth texture), but Trapper's don't have any extra stitching on the cuff and are rougher in texture. The look like plain black welding/bbq gloves with the comm attached. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BY ... TL6Y&psc=1
Detaleader a écrit :Heya folks! Long time no see!

First off - thanks for all the interest :)

It's been a few months, and I got to make some progress, but unfortunately not nearly as much as I wanted. Alas, I have found some more bits and worked on my helmet.

First off, I made a thread on the RPF, simply to cross reference with a wider audience. You can find it here!

Next up, I made some very interesting discovery while browsing through the Rogue One Sticker books and visual guides. I believe the helmet used by Filoni is actually a Rogue One Helmet, stripped of some of the decals and then reapplied. Otherwise, the pattern and color scheme are identical. The weathering isn't the exact same, but that may be down to more physical helmets existing than we initially thought.

Let's quickly compare to the helmet from The Mandalorian:

Surely these have to be related at least somewhat, right?

Lastly, we have the backside of the helmet revealed through the new Black Series figure. While we can't always trust toys for sources, this is literally the only backview we currently have. On the same note: The remaining parts of the figure aren't very accurate to the source, simly being a repaint of the ANH Luke figure.

https://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=27116

Next up we have the flare belts. Research on the R1 pilots lead me to these:

These appear to be" Air Line Hose Connector Fittings PCL to Hose". Luckily, these can easily be bought for cheap and don't need any special manufacturing :) A link to these can be found here:
https://abtoolsonline.com/air-line-hose ... 5pk-ft005/

From my understanding, 12 of these would be needed to completely fill out a belt.

Next up: How has my own build been going?
It's been...slow. Bit of a backburner at the moment, I guess Covid doesn't exactly help my motivation here.

First off the helmet. Man, what a pain. Essentially, I worked together with Trader806 on etsy to get the ball rolling on a Trapper Wolf sticker kit. And for the most part I'm really happy! The only real complaint I would have is the New Republic Cog having a background color. But alas, that's something I can take care of later.

Link here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/9016659 ... cs_7&sca=1

The much bigger issue is me being too trigger happy on the stickers. I applied the Victory marks without getting the white lines on the temple of the helmet done first. I'll have to strip those and reapply. Very happy with the position and size of the Wolves however. Needless to say this is all very work in progress.

The base is painted in RAL 7023 Concrete Grey. I think the color nicely matches the source we see on screen, until we get better information.

Next up, the gloves have been giving me some trouble. I ordered a set from Magnoli Clothiers and they came out absolutely beautifully looking! However, they weren't the best fit and very uncomfortable to wear. I don't really fault the maker for this, just my own hands. I have pretty short fingers, but a pretty wide palm. Bad combo.

But man do they look fantastic.

I returned these and got a new pair made through Crowprops. They fit like a glove (hah!) and I'm extremely happy with the fit.

Speaking of Crowprops. That's my source for boots also:

For now I opted for boots with the buckle on the side, simply so I could use it on other costumes in the future as well.

Next up: Flak Vest. I opted for Imperial Boots. The result is fine, but I expected the vest to be somewhat ticker material. Again, not really faulting the maker for this, just my expectation. Are these meant to be *so thin*?

I added some weathering to the vest in the meantime, but haven't had a chance for a nice pic yet.

A little exclusive reveal here! I've had a friend of mine make 3D models of the code cylinders, based on the references we currently have. I haven't talked to them about license, and if I can offer these to other creators, but I'm sure I can work that out for y'all.

Lastly, we got a chest box from Darth Hair. That thing is amazing and I've been able to add some weathering and a metal washer for the O-ring in the top.

Very happy with the results so far! However, I will likely change the strapping to a black one, rather than the current green. The on-screen seems like black with weathering in it to make it somewhat brighter?
Detour a écrit : I am working on a Trapper specific build as well. I will post what I find/model.

If the leg flares are RO/TFA then these Thingiverse files could work:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1291628

Gloves:

Confirmed, Teva is wearing R1 gloves (rib stitching, smooth texture), but Trapper's don't have any extra stitching on the cuff and are rougher in texture. The look like plain black welding/bbq gloves with the comm attached.
Good find on the leg flares! I'm sure these are gonna be a great option. I'm still going to keep an eye out for machined metal ones, if I can - but I'm sure these are gonna be a great backup option!

I've been eyeing these, but haven't pulled the trigger just yet:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/7620307 ... 1261846158

As for the gloves, I'll have to respectfully disagree. They look Suede to me, just like the R1 gloves should be. Additionally, the stitching matches that of the R1 glove.

Thanks again for contributing! I'll keep you guys posted once I pick up pace on this project :)

jedichrist
Membre RLFB
Membre RLFB

Message par jedichrist »

anti-hero a écrit :Great Job so far!

If you want other republic Decals try these https://www.etsy.com/listing/540358333/ ... ome_recs_1

I have them on one of my bucket and they are clear.

Also as said there are Pilots with full black Helmets and black Chincups, so dont bother making your Chincup white.

Verrouillé

Revenir à « AUTRES PILOTES »